Monday, May 9, 2011

XXI

So it's been a while and I have to say, this story hasn't really been a priority. I've found it really hard to write from Alice's perspective recently. And my masters thesis dominated my life for TOO long! Thesis is nearly complete and I have one exam next week. Also, my boyfriend's from Switzerland so we went to visit his family over the holidays which was really cool and nice to get away from the city. Sorry to have neglected you all, hope you enjoy :)


February 6th 2006, later that night.


PROMISE it'll start hotting up soon :)


LOVING this song at the moment, check it out: The Naked and Famous - Punching in a Dream


The full moon was shining through my curtains and I had been trying to sleep for about half an hour. A gentle tap came on my door.
"I can't sleep," the voice whispered as he silently closed my door and got into my bed. I knew there would be no sleeping if he got into my bed.

"Come to get me back?" I whispered.

"No, just can't sleep. And I thought you might be awake too."

Brilliant, so because he couldn't sleep, he thought he'd keep me awake. The bed dipped from his weight as he lay on the covers next to me in a t-shirt and his boxers, his hair slightly dishevelled.

"What are you doing tomorrow?" he asked when I didn't offer any conversation.

I hadn't really got any plans. I didn't really want to go to his hockey match if that's what he was suggesting. "Not sure, maybe just chill a little in the morning and go into town."

"I have a light practice tomorrow but you wanna skate a little afterwards?" he suggested. "Maybe invite Nat and Lizzie and some of the guys?" he added so it wasn't just a date.

I could see one problem. I didn't have any skates.

"I'm cold," Jordan said suddenly deciding he was going to get under the covers. "Shift over," he said, pulling me towards him. He created a crater in the bed so I had no choice but to slide his way. Soft mattress and all.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and pretended to snore lightly as his fingers stole under the hem of my t-shirt, lightly tickling my stomach. I grinned and wriggled. The snoring abruptly stopped; he clearly wasn't asleep.

Rolling over to face him, I kissed his lips gently. "Thanks for keeping me warm," I said. A grin spread over his face as he kissed me back, his tongue slipping inside. He pulled the covers up over our heads as if we were burying down for the winter.

His tongue was so soft as it rolled over mine, one hand staying on my waist as another brushed hair out of my face, gently tipping my chin up so he had better access to my mouth.

He threw one leg over mine so we were entwined as our kisses became a little more passionate. Jordan's hand was beginning to head north a little, taking with it the edge of my t-shirt, not that I minded.

His hand brushed lightly over my stomach as we made out. I'd made out with guys before, OK - just Austin, but this was something different. Every kiss made me feel so warm and tingly, like I wanted to shed all of my clothes. Who knew Jordan was such a panty dropper?

I broke away gently. "OK?" he pouted? I nodded.

"Need to get some sleep," I whispered back, "as much as I'm enjoying this..."

He kissed me softly on the lips and pulled me closer as I tucked my head under his chin. He smelt yummy like guys should do; heat radiated off him.

"Night Alice," he said, kissing my hair. I snuggled closer into him.

--------

When I woke at some point in the night, Jordan was spooning me tightly, one arm lay across my waist as his hand sneaked inside my t-shirt. He definitely didn't get that far last night, I thought.

I could feel his peaceful breaths on the back of my neck, sending little shivers down my spine, raising the tiny hairs on my neck.

Slowly, I turned towards him. At some point during the middle of the night, he had stripped and was now just wearing boxers. Even lying down his body was impressive. He just went on for ever, different muscle groups bunched together under the skin. He let out a little sigh and his breathing caught before his lashes flickered a few times.
"Were you checking me out?" Jordan smirked the moment his eyes opened.

"No!" I said in defiance, although I'm not sure how he knew that I had been.

"It's fine, you can admit it. I'd check myself out." He flexed a bicep above his head, tensing his abs as he did so. "Impressed?"

"By the size of your ego?" Shaking my head, I turned over and feigned indifference, pulling the covers back over my head.
Jordan grabbed me, ticking my sides as I tried not to shriek. God only knows I didn't want my parents coming in and finding us in a state of undress at 6am...

"So..." Jordan said once he had pinned me down in bed, his arms by my sides as he propped himself up over me on his forearms. His intense gaze flickered over my face and down over my body. I suddenly felt naked. "Skating?" he suggested.

I rolled my eyes. This boy has a one track mind. "That's your question?"

He nodded. "How about we do something I'm good at?"

"What, like make-up or French or something or being popular? We can French kiss?" He wiggled his eyebrows up and down like a dork. Choosing to ignore the statement of things he thinks I'm 'good at', I kissed him gently on the lips but nothing more. "So... skating?" I mused.

His eyes lit up like a little kid at Christmas. "Yeah, you wanna? I mean, do you want to?" I could see how eager he was, how much he really wanted to do this with me.

Nodding, I smiled. A huge grin broke out across his face and he lent down to kiss me softly. His kiss was full of gratitude and his kiss spoke a thousand words, a thousand promises.

"Don't want. To go," he whispered as we broke away. He pushed himself up away from me, as I felt the cooler air of the room break the intimate space between us. I love how big Jordan is, he makes me feel safe and snug when he's next to me.

---------

There are a few public skating rinks in Peterborough and I told my parents that we were meeting Nat and some of the guys - a total lie.

I've seen Jordan skate, both on the ice and on the sidewalk and he's pretty fast. He whizzed past me, showing off, in the only way that someone who's been skating for as long as they can walk can possibly do. I'm OK, I mean I can skate backwards easily and one on leg and mess around. I can't jump or do anything crazy on skates, I guess you could say I'm pretty average.

Jordan looked at home on his skates and took my hand, pulling me along. "What are you doing next Friday?" Jordan said after we'd done a few laps. We were moving pretty quickly and the rink was reasonably quiet, so it wasn't like we had to negotiate crowds and little children.

"Um, nothing I think... What do you have planned?"

"Well... there's a game and then a house party. And I wanted you to come... as my girlfriend." There it was. The official word. We hadn't discussed where we were but it was pretty obvious to all of our friends that we were dating. Neither of us was seeing anyone else and we seemed to be exclusive.

I still hadn't mentioned it to my parents. I think Mom would be fine with it, but not sure how Dad would take it. I don't know if he would take it. So I hadn't mentioned it. "You're quiet," Jordan said as he twisted to a sharp halt and pulling me with him into his chest. He manoeuvred backwards so we were on the edge of the boards.

"Is it a team party?" I asked. He nodded, shoving his hands into his pockets and looking down at me.

"Well, I still haven't told my parents. And if we go to this party, then we're official. Honestly I think it'd be better to tell my parents before the whole teams knows that you're seeing the Coach's daughter. Dad wouldn't want to find out that way."

"So you'll talk to him?" Jordan asked, looking relieved he might not have to have that awkward conversation with my Dad.

"Yeah, maybe not today, but I will. Before the party," I concluded. I moved away from the board, skating around as Jordan swiftly followed me. His strokes were so strong and fluid, it was almost elegant.

Now I just had to tell them...

8 comments:

  1. Don't worry, things are hotting up already! Sleeping together, however innocently and the girlfriend/boyfriend thing. Love the description of his physique, and how much he admires himself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww this is soooo cute :) i'm happy you keep updating. also may i please have my own teenage jordan please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you updated! I got so excited it literally made my day!!
    They are absolutely adorable together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when I loggin into blogger and see you have posted a chapter!!!! I cant wait too see what happens next! Seriously dont makes us wait so long

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh thank god you updated!! definitely one of my favorite stories.
    this couple is soooo cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see their relationship is moving forward, I can't wait to see how her dad takes it.
    PS: welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, you're back! Things between are so sweet and innocent. ahh, young love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYYA. Yay. Love. This. More. Soon. Nuff Said.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think?